- Flamingos have a funny way of eating. They place their bills upside down in the water and suck water into their mouths. Then they pump the water out the sides of their mouths. Tiny plants and animals remain to make a tasty meal.
- Flamingos prefer to stand on one foot.
- Flamingos look big, but they weigh only 5 to 6 pounds.
- Flamingos can live 30 to 50 years.
- Flamingos make nests from mud. They usually lay only one egg. Both parents take care of the egg, which hatches after 30 days.
National Geographic Kids - https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/animals/birds/facts/flamingo